A sushi night at my friend's in Finland...

Do you know how to make Sushi? Now I know a little:) In Japanese and Chinese Sushi is 寿司. This is my first time to try to make it, quite easy, and very tasty. But ingredients are quite important I think, the more authentic the more delicious:) Yummy...
You can tell she is a good cook already. Me? Only one bag of mix-spice for 2 years.

We visited a Japanese friend, married with a Finnish, with three lovely kids the other Saturday night. It is seldom to be invited to a family dinner in Turku except by my Finnish family. As we exchange our feelings living in Finland, it takes a lot of efforts to make friends and do not even talk about getting some close friends. I think I agree to some extent. We tried very hard to invite friends for a tea or a dinner, but rarely get returns. One of my friend said that Finns do not have that kind of tradition. Oh, well, we have to adapt to the environment but not the other around, I suppose.:( I am not complaining, just some feelings...

 In my hometown, it is not normal to invite friends to their home, but usually to restaurants for a dinner. My home is located in a mountain area, and my father used to invite a lot of guests very often. My mother and me are the hosts, need to prepare all kinds of food. It was tough and tiresome at that time, but now I miss it so much! He was very social and had a lot of networking, and also very popular in the community and the entire neighborhood. Now when I go back home, I feel so empty without him around... It is very sad when I can not use "is" present tense for a person, it means history already. :(
  The weekend will become sad if I continue with this topic. Let me go back to Sushi night...
A childhood shoes of her, how to call them? Her house if full of stuff to photograph. An artistic lady!
Have you ever seen this kind of rice container? My first time! She brought from Japan with 10kg of rice. Come on, legendary! Her 3-year old son likes to push the grey button down, and the rice box will be full soon while they were in the airport. :) 
My home-make invitation card for them, at the fridge, not to forget:) A nice card, do not you think? :)

Making Sushi is a lot more fun than I thought. Hands are full of rice... lalala...
Yummy...Rice with Salmon.
Sushi is on the way. The 5-year-old gentleman can not wait.
This is my favorite. Shrimps inside the spring-rolls, soon to be fried in oil. Super delicious!
Almost there...

Time to eat ye...
It was a wonderful night! We had a great time, I would like to say Kiitoksia and 
In languages I know, I would say:
Enjoy your meal!
Bon appétit!
Hyvää ruokahalua! (Finnish)
请慢用! Please eat slowly:), Chinese use healthy tips, but I eat very fast, bad:(.
Сайхан хооллоорой! (Mongolian)
Buen provecho!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About my domain!

affiliate_link

J.K Rowling speech, amazing!

J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement from Harvard Magazine on Vimeo.

About this talk: At her Harvard University commencement speech, "Harry Potter" author JK Rowling offers some powerful, heartening advice to dreamers and overachievers, including one hard-won lesson that she deems "worth more than any qualification I ever earned." Source from www.ted.com --One of my favorite site to visit of all time :)