I made a survey about Waste and Recycling.


Around the globe, the issues of waste and recycling become more and more severe as well as other environmental problems. I have studied in Ecology and Environment department throughout years, but have not done any practical work, I am afraid. I did write my first Master's thesis on the topic of something about plant ecology. It was very hard work to finish it, but did not even remember. But this time I am enjoying doing this work.
Feel free to answer my survey and leave your comments and advice in the end. Thank you!
Just need to click on this link and start the fun:)
    Source: Green hats (Thank you!) P.S. I borrowed this image from Green hats, hope you do not mind :)


I am not sure how many students are in Turku (Finland), but I know there are a lot, a lot... At least I will send my survey to around 8000 students to analyze the active responses. How well do students know about the waste management system here and how are they handling waste and recycling in their everyday life. How about the international students? Majority of Finnish students do know how to recycle, however, it might be tricky for international students to figure out the system if they are not active enough. For instance, a few pieces of batteries will spoil the whole container of fine-separated recyclables or any waste, and even worse do harm to the environment, everyone does know, but action?
Yes, I am happy to decide this topic for my self, at least I can do something. Hopefully  by the end of the day, it will encourage recycling among students and will spread the message little by little.
... I have been working very hard lately, no time for fun at all. Now I will watch Ugly Betty, anyone watched? I like it for fun!
P.S. I do follow some series, e.g. Desperate Housewives, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development, Friends of course. I love all of them. I liked some of Californication, but become very sucky.

OK, now I am off and wish everyone a pleasant weekend! I got this rose on 08.03.10, guess what date is it? :) For everyone as a special weekend gift!
Always remember to say thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About my domain!

affiliate_link

J.K Rowling speech, amazing!

J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement from Harvard Magazine on Vimeo.

About this talk: At her Harvard University commencement speech, "Harry Potter" author JK Rowling offers some powerful, heartening advice to dreamers and overachievers, including one hard-won lesson that she deems "worth more than any qualification I ever earned." Source from www.ted.com --One of my favorite site to visit of all time :)